Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Introducing the Homemade Maid

I love homemade things!  They make me happy.  Something about rolling up my sleeves and doing it myself is really rewarding.

And there's the frugal factor...i.e. I'm cheap.  I've found that most (not all) foods or products I make at home are less expensive than what I can buy in the store.  And, on those occasions where the cost is more, I find it well worth it.

Not to mention that you know what's in what you've made.  If you take a second to read a label, be it on a bottle of window cleaner or that yummy jar of pesto, you might be a little dismayed at what you find.  (Not that all those ingredients I'm not quite sure how to pronounce are bad, but I just don't know.  Better minds than mine can devote themselves to the research of Sorbitan Monostearate and such...better safe than sorry in my book!)

I've been making some greener cleaning recipes, and to my surprise, all my homemade cleaning products have given me better results that the ones I paid and arm and leg for at the store (even with my coupons).

As for food, I'm a self-admitting foodie.  I should probably join Foodies-Anonymous.  I'm not much on overly-processed and pre-packaged stuff.  (Although I must admit that on those hectic days, they sometimes find their way into my lunchbox.)

Given the choice, anything that I can make myself be it peach jam, fish sticks, or ranch dressing always tastes better to me.  Now I know, maybe it does or maybe it doesn't. But, I think I simply enjoy it more because I made it with my own two hands (and sometimes my trusty KitchenAid mixer!).

So for my enjoyment (and hopefully yours), I present The Homemade Maid...how I help make my home fresh, fun, and frugal!

2 comments:

  1. Totally guest posting you on mine and my mom's blog...with your permission. :-)

    ReplyDelete